vendredi 21 novembre 2014

Hard drive needs repair, but no bootable OS disc

A coworker brought in her C2D iMac 20". She has been having issues with it freezing and crashing. I did what I normally do first, verify the hard drive and would usually repair. A warning popped up saying it needed to be started up from another disk to run a repair. I have done this on my rMBP before and would boot into the recovery partition and go from there. This iMac is running 10.6.8 so it does not have a recovery partition. The system discs are long gone, I no longer have my copy of it. I do have a copy of Lion on DVD that I made. Does Lion create a recovery partition? Or would I be able to boot off the Lion disc and run a repair from there? Would it be safe to try and install Lion even though the Hard drive is in rough shape and then do a repair from the recovery partition (assuming it automatically creates one)?





via ehMac.ca http://ift.tt/1xyVUAl

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire