samedi 29 novembre 2014

Purging Adobe Bridge preview cache

This is an FYI, one that I've posted about before but felt the need to talk about again, especially in light of a rather extreme example from my own recent experience.



Conducted one of my semi-regular SuperDuper incremental backups last night, main HD had a little over 1.9 million files to backup. Thought that was a bit on the high side & decided to have a look at Adobe Bridge. I'm running v5.1 & knew that it had been some time (as in several years) since I had purged the preview cache therein. We've been doing some archiving lately & handling a lot of older files in Bridge.



I opened a Show Info on the main HD just to watch the space I'd be regaining. Started out with about 306MB used. I went into Preferences>Cache & hit the Purge button & for the next 10 minutes or so listened to the HD rattle away.



By the time Bridge was done, my HD showed 182MB used, a difference of 124MB! This morning I reran SuperDuper & there were only 880,000 files to backup, a difference of over a million!



In addition, there's little to no delay using Bridge because it no longer had to compare new Preview versions of images against a database of over a million archived ones.



Takeaway? Purge that cache a little more often than once every 5 years, dummy. It could regain you a ton of HD space, make your software run faster & save some wear & tear on your HD.





via ehMac.ca http://www.ehmac.ca/showthread.php?t=128130&goto=newpost

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire