mardi 25 novembre 2014

IMAP in Yosemite Mail and iOS8?

I'm the computer tech for my mom. She has a 2006 iMac with Snow Leopard, an iPad Air with iOS 8.1.1 and a 2013 MacBook Pro with Yosemite. My problem is I'm trying to set up her email as IMAP not POP as she accesses it from multiple devices. The old iMac gives the option when setting up the email account to choose IMAP and so it is set up that way but not the other newer devices.



When I go to add a new account on Yosemite/iOS 8, the process is the same where you choose "another email account" as it's not part of the big 5. Then you type your name, password and email address and it does the rest automatically. but it automatically makes a POP account.



Sasktel's web help is geared to an older version of Mac mail. And they're phone support is no support at all. They say it's apple's problem. Apple wants money for mail support.








via ehMac.ca http://ift.tt/15sDoiI

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire