vendredi 21 novembre 2014

Need a new ink jet printer that prints directly on CDs

The title says it all.



I have been using an Epson RX595 for a few years now and it did a fine job.

Ink cartridges are cheap (not OEM) and print quality was fine.



But I have not used that printer for maybe 6 months and now I can't get black to print no matter what I do.

All the other colours print fine, but absolutely nothing prints in black when I do the nozzle check.

I have cleaned, replaced the cartridge - no dice - maybe the print head control is toast.



Anyway, I wanted to try a Canon printer that I can convert to CD printing but the long list of Canon printers I have that can be converted are all Canon IP or Canon MP series, none of which seem to be recent models and none of which seem to be readily available.



Price is a factor - love to get one on sale at less that $100 sale price.



Any recommendations?



Also, on the Epson RX595, which is the Epson sucessor model?



I have looked at both the Epson and Canon websites - pretty poorly laid out and hard to find out which printers print on CD unless one looks at the specs for each one.



One would think they have a search capability where one enters the features and requirements and the website brings up the printers that meet those requirements - but no - that would be too easy.





via ehMac.ca http://ift.tt/1xATVLT

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire