jeudi 27 novembre 2014

which era Macbook Air to buy for travelling?

I may be leaving the country for a few to several months and will need a portable computer. I have a Mac Mini which I obviously won't bring, and an iPad but the iPad is limited in using certain apps such as Wordpress and Pixelmator.



I'm looking at getting a used MB Air, and wonder which year would be sufficient. mid 2011 (11") models sell for around $600-650 which seems reasonable. Here's one:

Mid 2011 MacBook air 13"



Basically what I'd like to do is:[LIST][*]internet[*]photo editing (I'm a novice and still learning Pixelmator so it's light usage)[*]blogging via Wordpress[*]Word docs (very light)[/LIST

I'd like it to last for the next 2-3 years and not be so slow that it's painful.



Is a circa 2011 sufficient or should I consider a 2012 model?



Is 1.4Ghz, 4GB RAM and 128GB Flash enough for such light use?





via ehMac.ca http://ift.tt/1ygVHRi

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire