dimanche 26 avril 2015

BEEP x 3! 1st time for everything. Was sold bad ram. Q?

I was pretty spooked. 3 beeps i've NEVER heard before in all my time tooling in the past. I was like. WTF. So i jumped on google and I got the news:

3 successive tones, a 5 second pause (repeating): This indicates RAM does not pass a data integrity check.

BUMMER.

Bigger bummer is that I'm past the return/refund window, but i'm still in the exchange period - which ends in 2 days. I sometimes sit on parts and install them later on a clear day (like today). Last time I do that.

So I was gathering some parts to revive this '08 MacBook i was gifted. I'm around the corner from Canada Comp, so i went over to buy a SSD and some ram.

Specs on what ram I bought.

Mushkin Apple 4GB DDR3 1066MHz CL7 SODIMM (971644A)

Now, i've done this before when i bought ram that was rated a touch faster than the required specs - can't recall when I did it, but I know I did, and it worked fine.

1066Mhz sticks aren't falling out of trees, so I was originally ready to grab something faster, but noticed there were some of the actual sticks i need, so I grabbed them. womp womp.

With that long winded preamble, are there ram specs i SHOULD be avoiding - outside of something slower?? What about the voltage? I'll search it out - but thought it could ask the erudite crew here.

I'm running this MacBook 5,1, and my ram requirements are as follows:

RAM Type: PC3-8500 DDR3 Min. RAM Speed: 1066 MHz
Details: Supports 1066 MHz PC3-8500 DDR3 SDRAM

Should I then not, in theory - be able to use any of these?

I'm going in there tomorrow and scoop something.

Lord - and i was just in there today to grab an external. Had I known! ugh.

Thanks - and sorry about the length.

H!


via ehMac.ca http://ift.tt/1JtXevb

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire