lundi 6 avril 2015

Disk Utility problem?

I would like to erase and set up for encryption a Lacie portable hard drive using Disk Utility on an iMac with Yosemite. I selected for format Mac OS Extended (Journaled, Encrypted) and the Most Secure Erase Option of writing over 7 times. Every time within a few seconds it fails to work and I receive the message:



A problem occurred; undoing all changes





Another window then opens with the following information:



Disk Encryption failed



Disk Erase failed with the error:



Unable to create a new Core Storage logical volume group.



OK





Running First Aid indicates no problems with the Lacie external drive. Does this indicate a problem with Apple’s encryption software? If so, what are the alternatives?



I have searched online and in Apple’s support where there is evidence that others have had similar problems but I am unable to find a solution. I will be grateful for advice on how to solve this.





via ehMac.ca http://ift.tt/1Jh6wYo

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire