lundi 27 avril 2015

Koodo Plan Changes - Better or Worse

I'm into my third year with Koodo, I can't be happier with them for my cell service provider but after seeing their new website I noticed that they changed a few things for the "worse" (maybe).

First, they dropped the 10% bring your own phone discount, and second, they have discontinued the Koodo tab. For those that don't know, the Tab is Koodo's contribution towards your phone purchase - usually 15% of your bill. You used to be able to get a credit of up to $500 which towards Koodo paid 15% and you put in $5 - $10 a month bringing you down to zero in 2 years. A year and a bit back I got a iPhone 5s and paid $350(?) with a $500 tab. I paid $10 a month extra and Koodo paid $11.50 (15% of my bill). I would be zero in 8 months and then the Tab continues as am accrual account to build up Koodo's contribution until you get up to $300 credit for your next phone purchase

Today I called them to inQuire about a plan special they had - Unlimited Canada wide with 1GB of Data for $45 (my current plan is $65, unlimited with 500MB of data). Made sense to me to switch to get a twice as much data for $20 less a month. The CSR said they couldn't do it because I had a tab, oh well I thought, I tried. Anyways, when I told them no worries ... she offered to pay 50% of my existing Tab if I wanted out to move to the new plan. That was a no brainer so I took her up on the deal. I spent $100 I wasn't planning on spending to get out of my Tab but ended up saving $35 a month on my bill for a better plan.

For my next phone I'll be on the hook for an extra $21 a month for the phone costs with their new packages but it won't be until the 6s comes out anyways.


via ehMac.ca http://ift.tt/1z74xW5

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire