lundi 6 avril 2015

Transfer programs and Data.

Really I'm just trying to revive an Aug2014 thread here. Not sure of the best way to do that.



I am still in the process of switching from my old MB to my new MBP.

I have a CCC backup. No Time Machine backup. I don't want to transfer all data from the MB but I do want to keep it. I like the advice of SINC and others who agreed with him:

Quote:








"On a new machine, I reinstall all apps that do not come with the machine."



How do you do that? Re-download them? Migration Assistant?



"

Quote:








Then I start fresh, including email, contacts, importing files, whatever, etc."



Can you use Migration Assistant selectively enough to do that? How about making a Time Machine backup with all unwanted data deleted from the MB before backup as the source of data to migrate and just keeping the CCC backup as an archive? Does that make sense?

Thanks.





via ehMac.ca http://ift.tt/1DVLChi

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire