jeudi 23 avril 2015

Cannot type a lower case Q

This has bugged me to no end for a while and I can't seem to find a solution via Google search so here goes ...

I am using a mid 2011 iMac and I prefer a full size keyboard so I was originally using the clear and white bluetooth Apple keyboard with it (the mini wireless keyboard the computer came with is long gone). Over the course of the years the keyboard got pretty nasty (dirty, dusty, the usual crap) and then I spilt my coffee on it. I was able to turn it off immediately and turned it over to drain what I could (I don't take sugar in my coffee so no eventual sticky mess). This accident forced me to disassemble the keyboard to clean it, which I did with no issues. I did lose one of the cup springs for one key so I didn't have a CD eject button when I put it back together.

Now this is where is gets a little strange. After reassembling the keyboard everything worked as it should except for the Q key (but not the key itself - just the lower case Q). I'm typing a CAPITAL Q because if I just hit the Q key ... nothing. BUT, this happens only in a web browser or address bar or a form on a browser. I can type a q just fine anywhere else on my computer (that small case Q came from TextEdit then copy/paste). Now it's not the keyboard either because after a few months of no Q I ended up parking the Bluetooth keyboard and started using it's USB eQuivalent (same full size white Apple keyboard from the original white iMacs). Same Q problem.

I have changed the keyboard country, no difference. Anybody have an idea that might help me?


via ehMac.ca http://ift.tt/1Hwt6Nn

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire