samedi 11 avril 2015

Pathetic Boot times 2011 Macbook Pro on Yosemite

Owned since new 2011 Macbook Pro i5 2.3 with 8GB Ram and 750 Hybrid HDD installed a few years ago. The system is not normally shut down, just allowed to sleep and wakes up as normal. The HDD about 60% full, I have 297GB free.



When I restart I get the chime and then about 20 sec to logon choice. I choose the admin account and then I watch with bated breath as the black line across the screen crawls towards home. It takes about 4 minutes for the cursor to appear and then another 2 minutes or so for my desktop to appear. I know I am not running as SSD but it certainly never took this long to boot up before.



I have run Onyx and says disk is OK, any other members out there cure this issue? How hard to install an SSD and a fresh install of Yosemite. The system does seem to run OK once it is up and running, no long running beachballs or anything.



Thanks,



Pat.





via ehMac.ca http://ift.tt/1DvHd4j

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire