mardi 14 avril 2015

Trying to convert webpage to pdf

Well, I thought this would be easy but even after trying umpteen different ways I still can't get this conversion done properly.



Situation is this:



I have a local html file on my Mac, 5 pages with about 50 one sentence entry per page.

Associated with it in a separate folder are 250 document files.



When one clicks on any of the entries on the five pages, the associated document file pops up.

So each of the 250 one sentence entries on the five pages is associated with a link that takes one to the appropriate document file.



I want to convert this setup to a pdf that people can download so when they open the pdf, click on any of the one sentence entries, the appropriate document will come up as a pdf.



I tried converting the local html file to pdf using various applications including Acrobat proand wondershare pdf Editor pro but they all either only convert the five first pages to pdf (with nothing happening if I click on one of the one sentence entries in that pdf) or at best, the associated document tries o come up but I have to select "unblock" and then it shows up launched by the browser, not as a pdf.



Now I know that what I'm trying to do is possible since I have that exact same document in a different language where clicking on the pdf one sentence entry brings up the appropriate associated document as a pdf.



If I look at that document, the assoiated 250 documents are just additional pdf pages in a large pdf file - the first five pdf pages have the one sentence entries and then pages 6 to 256 are the associated documents.

When I hover the mouse over one of the one sentence entries on one of the first five pages, the mouse window shows "Go To Page XXX", its essentially the same concept as a link.



So how can I convert the local html document to a pdf that includes all the 250 documents and appropriate linking without doing it one page at a time?



Any suggestions?





via ehMac.ca http://ift.tt/1aSfTSL

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire