dimanche 10 novembre 2013

Bell - Environmental Criminals

So I've bitched about Bell many times but this new wrinkle really has me in a twist.



So Bell won't unlock cellphones, even ones paid out. So they are saying keep using us or your phone is e-waste.



I've now encountered this too with their satellite receivers, only it's worse.



I have a Bell account with 2 receivers (a 9241 HD PVR and a SDR 4100)

Someone gave me a second 9241 and a stranger recycled a perfect 6141 at a local recyclers which I got.



Both receivers were owned outright, neither from delinquent accounts.

Can I activate either of them with Bell? No.



Why?

So when you don't want to use a receiver with Bell anymore or just on your account you have to call and remove it from your account. If you don't no one can activate it again. Never mind if you have the maximum number of receivers you are all ready allowed, activated.



Does Bell tell you to do this? No. They tell the poor schmucks who get the second hand receivers and try and activate them.



Here's the real rub. This applies to receivers on accounts where the person who previously owned it is no longer a Bell customer! So that person can't even call to remove the receiver because they no longer have a account.... but the receiver stays locked to a non-existent account!



So in essence all old receivers are e-waste!! And by old I mean any not in use.



I stayed on the line to complain, but that will I am sure go nowhere.



Anyone have any better contacts or insights on how to chase this?

I'm no Environmentalist but this is ridiculous in this day and age.



Thanks!



Ed





via ehMac.ca http://www.ehmac.ca/showthread.php?t=113186&goto=newpost

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire