samedi 8 février 2014

How to re-install OS 106 on a "Lion" Mac?

I'm looking for some recommendations by the experts here.



I have a 13-inch MacBook Pro that I bought from the Apple refurbish store - it was the last one that could run Snow Leopard (which is why I bought that model), but when I received it, it had Lion installed.



Since I needed to run SL for a number of reasons, I went through the firewire exercise to install 10.6.8 and that Mac has been running fine for more than a year.



Today that Mac just quit and won't boot up anymore - I get the Apple logo and then the spinning wheel forever.

So I plugged in an external hard drive with a backup on it and booted from that.

The backup is about a month old - my idea was to repair the disk on the MBp and go from there.



Well, I ran disk utility a few times - no dice.

Comes back with a message that disk utility can't repair the disk.



If I just boot up holding down the option key - no external plugged in, I get the recovery disk with the option to reinstall Lion which isn't really what I want.

I suppose I could try that - it would at least tell me if the problem is with the OS itself or the data - but before I do that - the question.



Is there now any other way to re-install SL other than go through the target dirk mode?

I assume a 10.6.6 or later install disk was never created.





The oldest OS that MBp will install is 10.6.6 but there is no 10.6.6 install disk as far as I know





via ehMac.ca http://ift.tt/1fLEtkH

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire