dimanche 18 octobre 2015

Elvira died RIP but is this possible or a waste of time?

Hello,

My 12" powerbook 1.5, Elvira, died. Her logic board can no longer keep going. I can revive her for about 2-5 minutes booting up from the install disc, but that's all. I have tried everything else possible, and so have accepted her fate.

In the meantime, I bought a 13" retina macbook pro and transferred everything manually (Tiger to Yosemite) and have most of my setup the way I like it.

On the not working so well side of Elvira... Some of the feet have fallen off. Last year I dropped Elvira and so the casing is slightly bent on one side, and the feet on the display corners are disolving from age.

So, I was thinking of dismantling my powerbook. Putting the Superdrive into an external case to be able to use it and possibly converting the lovely matte display into a second display for when I'm recording. The HD too, an IDE 160GB, is still very functional. Ideas....

What do you think? Am I wasting my time with these ideas? If so what would you do with her?


via ehMac.ca http://ift.tt/1Njpq3w

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire