samedi 31 octobre 2015

Questions about Photos storage

I recently got a 2015 refurbished i7 Macbook Pro with 256Gig SSD to replace my late 2008 MBP which was held together. literally, with racer tape!

With all the programmes installed, I have about 150 Gig of free space on this new machine - or I would have if my Photos Library wasn't taking up 92 Gig of it!

I have a fast (250 Meg) unlimited Rogers Internet account so I subscribed to a 200 Gig iCloud account from Apple to be able to store my photos, and music, in the Cloud. iTunes does this perfectly but Im having problems with Photos. My thinking was that with the fast connection, it would only take a second or so to download an image from iCloud and with a relatively small, but lightning fast, SSD drive, it makes sense not to clutter it up with the Photos Library or the iTunes Media Library.

I've set up my iCloud in System Preferences to "Automatically upload and store my entire photo Library in iCloud. In Photos, I've also set the Preference "Automatically upload and store my entire photo Library in iCloud."

So having elected to store the Photos on the Cloud, I was expecting to find a small Photos Library.Photoslibrary file - just enough to hold the Thumbnails and a link to each photo on the Cloud. Instead, I have a 92 gig Photos Library file, which averages roughly 5 megs for each photo in my library - i.e. not thumbnails.

Can anybody help - am I doing something wrong? As I take more photos, obviously my library gets bigger, so the free space on my SSD goes down. What would happen if I delete the Photos Library - would that also delete the photos in the Cloud? Is there a way of just having the photos kept in the Cloud with a small overhead on my MBP, as happens with iTunes?

Can anybody offer any tips/advice - all is greatly welcomed.

Cheers, Guys

Walt


via ehMac.ca http://ift.tt/1Hk17hA

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire