lundi 19 octobre 2015

Looking fora stand-alone photo catalogue app

Good Day all - got this reset in a new thread!

I'm hoping someone here can help me in my search for a photo organizing/cataloging app.

I have a couple of thousand photos, very poorly organized in multiple folders, in multiple locations, with lots of duplicates. In short, a mess!

I was trying to use iPhoto as a means of generating a catalog (in Snow Leopard), but ended up with more than one "library", and now that I'm reluctantly moving to Yosemite, iPhoto is acting strangely - and is destined for the dumpster anyway. I'm concerned that the new "Photo" will also disappear eventually, and I understand I does create a hidden copy of every image and the catalog function has limitations.

I have searched for a cataloging app - one that does not involve iCloud, Adobe, and preferably Apple ( Apple apps tend to evaporate after a few years! - but I could deal with that if I had to!)

I thought the new Affinity Photo might be the answer until I came across this comment from Andy Somerfield - Affinity Photo project lead.

"Photo is not a DAM - like Aperture, or Lightroom - it does not maintain a catalog of your images. It's an editor with RAW import capability - perhaps more like Photoshop + ACR.

So, unfortunately, you would need a separate DAM product to go along side it. We're planning to make one one day :) - but for now I'd happily recommend the (perpetual licensed) Capture One"


So, my question is, can anyone recommend a good photo cataloger/organizer which will help me find/keyword/search/display my images, but does not include editing/manipulating or creating a copy of every image cataloged. I'm checking on "Capture One" to see if that's suitable.

EDIT: The answer may be staring me in the face!
I have CS3 which includes Bridge, this may be all I need. I'm a little concerned about the fact it is a few years old and could fail with the next system upgrade (I'm currently transitioning to Yosemite from Snow Leopard)

I do like the fact that Bridge does not copy the photos or saves anything into a proprietary format - it just shows what is in each folder/file and the associated metadata. The search/find function works well and the keywords are easy to edit.

Who knew! After years of working with CS3, I finally found a use for Bridge!
:D


via ehMac.ca http://ift.tt/1OOpjPk

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire