samedi 24 octobre 2015

HELP! - Need to add audiobook to iPad

Help me before I crush this iPad!

Struggling with my wife’s iPad (4th generation Model A1458), trying to re-load an audiobook which disappeared off the iPad during the last update/syncing.

I have the files ( The Audio Bible - 17 chapters, .m4b file format) on my iMac.
They play fine in iTunes on my machine.

After much frustration & gnashing of teeth I found the way to “manually” copy them onto the iPad.
Then open iPad, Open iBooks, select Audiobooks - nothing. Not recognized at all.

Open iTunes on my iMac (latest version 12.3.1 under Yosemite 10.10.5), connect to iPad, click on Audiobooks under on my device and they all show. Click on one, get info, select file, and they show as being on the iPad. (In fact there is more than one copy of several as I retried to copy over several times - each time the progress bar showed coping.

I downloaded an app designed to put files on an iPad (iMazing), it told me that duplicates were already on the iPad - no files transferred!

I have resisted Syncing the iPad with my iMac again - When I select “Sync Audiobooks”, I get a warning “ do you want to remove your apps/movies/games etc etc”, choice of cancel or remove & install”. I do not want to remove anything - I want to add only.

The audiobooks are in m4b format - protected MPEG-4 audio.

I tried to play one of the audiobooks from iMazing but got the dialog which stated that protected files could only be played in iTunes of Quicktime player.

I was under the impression that iTunes & Quicktime were “Baked in” to IOS, Am I missing something?

Anyway, I would appreciate any information / advice from the members here

Do i really have to sync the iPad with my computer to get the file recognized?

Anyway to sync without removing the existing files?

Has anyone any experience with this problem?

Any recommendations for an app which would help solve this riddle?


I am not a fan of iPads!!!


via ehMac.ca http://ift.tt/1OOr40g

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire