lundi 9 février 2015

Apple TV (3rd Generation) Wifi died on reboot?

Has anyone ever experienced anything like the title says?



Here's the scoop (kind of long, but i think i've covered everything).



Went away for a week. Before i went away i went through my normal shutdown of most Electronics in the house. Turned off Laptops, iMac, removed laptop batteries (overkill i know, but had my Macbook Battery die once because the wife left it unplugged on battery while we were away.... i digress), power bar for the entertainment unit, printer off etc....



Come home after a lovely trip and over the next two days start powering everything up including my entertainment centre in the basement (Need basement setup for Walking Dead premier last night!!). TV, Soundbar, Xbox 360 and Apple TV. All into a surge protector power bar that i had powered off and then unplugged. Plugged it back in, flipped on the switch and then started to power everything up. It all came up fine.... or so i thought...



For some reason the Apple TV says it's not on the network (normally wireless). Okay fine, I go into settings and try to rejoin my network. it won't see ANY wifi networks. Weird.

I reboot it.. No dice

Apple TV upstairs works no problem. (same process with power bar and shutdown) Do a quick Apple TV shuffle (Upstairs <--> Downstairs) same condition when moved upstairs. No dice.

Try reset of Apple TV settings, no dice.

Can't restore, no network to talk to Apple Servers.

Get out the old 50' Ethernet Cable, string it across the house, connect it and it works no problem getting on the network.

Do a factory restore while on Ethernet, works no problem.

Setup the Apple TV again. So far so good.

Unplug Ethernet, no Wifi Networks. ^&*@$%% :)



After the restore I also did a Software update too just to make sure somehow there wasn't something missing and of course it says Up to date.



Now understanding that my Airport Network isn't advertised, i normally see three of my Neighbours networks (which i see on the other Apple TV and other devices all over the house). This is why i am thinking somehow the Wifi adapter has just pooched. I always see some networks, now nothing but the "Other" so of course try to manually enter my SSID and now it's just "Scanning" and circle spinning indefinitely.

I plug in Ethernet and its back in business no problem connecting to the network.



I even went as far as rebooting my router like the Apple instructions say to do (again knowing this won't fix anything since i can't see my Neighbours networks like i normally can, so it's not an issue with my wifi).



Anyone ever seen anything like this? The Wifi on a 3rd gen just die on reboot?....

Of course it's out of Warrantee.. I think this may have even been a refurb i picked up, but that was a couple years ago.



Apple TV

Model A1427

Software Version 7.0.3(6917)



Religion





via ehMac.ca http://ift.tt/1zqd8fM

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire