mercredi 25 février 2015

Help me help someone - Snow Leopard issues :)

Hi folks,



I'm giving my 2006 Mac Pro to a buddy for his kids.



I had Snow Leopard on it. I wanted to do a fresh install, but when I tried with the SL disc, it said I needed 10.5



No problem. So in goes the 10.5 disc which came with the machine and it says it can't be installed on that hard drive.



I found some instructions through the all powerful google which said to pop in the SL disc, then use disk utilities to wipe the main HD then re-install.



So wipe it I did. It's the only HD in the system.



Restarted it and I keep getting the message that it can't be installed.



I've tried ejected the disc using the option, left click on mouse and even the terminal drutil eject command (I realize that's not the proper one, but I did use it).



Nothing. I'd like to eject the SL disc and put 10.5 back in to install that.



Total loss for words.



I've even gone into disk utility to eject, but I can't.



I imagine this is solely because the system is using that disc to read.



Is there any other way to eject a CD when the Mac is off?



Cheers,

Keebler





via ehMac.ca http://ift.tt/1BVHM87

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire