samedi 28 février 2015

SurplusMeter Connection Type?

Hi,



I started using SurplusMeter because my internet usage with Bell seems to be much higher than what I think I'm using - so I want to double check.



Today, so far, SurplusMeter indicatesI used 306MB whereas bell shows over 5GB !!! for the day so far



So something is obviously a mile off.



I have four computers connected to a Belkin "N" router, three Macs and one PC.

All connect wirelessly



The router connects to a DSL modem via a short Ethernet cable and the DSL modem of course connects to the phone line.



I had the connection type of SurplusMeter set to "Airport" since all the computers connect via the wireless LAN, but now I'm wondering what SurplusMeter connection type really means.

They have other options for PPP modem, Ethernet port and network card, should I have set that connectivity to PPP modem or the Ethernet port?



The SurplusMeter help info is of no help, all they say is to set the connection type to the connection one has - but what connection are they talking about?

I assumed it was the connection used by the computers but now I'm thinking they probably meant the connection to the net which would probably be ethernet in my case since the DSL modem is a separate unit.





via ehMac.ca http://ift.tt/1AIfXOE

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire