vendredi 13 février 2015

Creating Yosemite installer on USB Flash Drive

I downloaded Yosemite last night on a Mac running Mountain Lion.

Took two hours on an internet connection with Bell - not too bad.



Wanted to make a USB installer since I have anout 14 Macs to upgrade, most from 10.6.8 and I sure don't want to use 5+ Gigs of bandwidth and 2+ hours every time.



So I followed the instructions - moved the Install Yosemite application out of the application folder into the documents folder so that it would not get deleted when the Yosemite installation complets.

Ran the Yosemite install on the Mini - that all worked fine.

Then moved the Yosemite install app back to the application folder to run the terminal command to install it on an 8GB USB drive properly formated and named.

No go - got a message that it can't find the file.



Turns out when I checked that the Yosemite install file in the application folder is now an alias.



Anyone know what happened?



II suppose I have to download the Yosemite installer again





via ehMac.ca http://ift.tt/1zAQOA3

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire