dimanche 23 août 2015

Death of a G4 HD? - drive just clicking...anything to do?

I have a G4 that has 2 HDs in it. The one with the applications has booted up fine. But the other one just stopped working properly.

I had used it for a couple hours yesterday and again this morning but it started to make a sound like it was working harder... I think. Things locked up and I got the spinning disk so I shut it down. I've let it rest for about an hour and just now turned it on. The applications HD and OS seem to be working fine. But there is a clicking sound and the other drive does not show up. Of course this is the drive with my data on it.

Do I have a dead HD? Is there anything that can be done? If I could even just get those files off of it, it would be nice not to have to re-do the work from earlier if possible.

Thanks.


via ehMac.ca http://ift.tt/1KenUQx

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire