lundi 3 août 2015

Hardware Advice

Hi all.

Just wondering if some of you can offer some advice regarding hardware?

Presently I own an early 2014 11" MBAir which I like but find the screen a little too small. Also own a mid 2010 iMac 21.5" which my wife and daughter use. Also have what seems to be a really desirable late 2012 2.6 i7 Mac Mini, 256SSD which is honestly being under utilized. The MM is hooked up to a Thunderbolt display and TB ext HDD. It is basically a media server and is rarely used as a desktop. Of course a couple ATV's.

So I'm toying with the idea of selling the Air and Mini, replacing the Air with a 13" MBP and using it as the main machine with the TBD. The Mini would be replaced with a dumber down version and hooked up to my TV with the ext HDD and turned into a glorified ATV media server.

Both the Mini and Air have Applecare and are worth good money according to Mac2sell but a new Mini isn't cheap it may just be worth it just to keep my Mini and use it instead of a new one. Kind of a waste I know.

Anyway just curious about others thoughts and/or suggestion?

BTW, Mac2sell says $750 for the MBA and $1000 for the Mini with no consideration for the Applecare. Are these figures accurate?


via ehMac.ca http://ift.tt/1IA3Z9i

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire