mercredi 19 août 2015

New HD Will Not Mount

If I replaced a WD20EZRK 2TB HD (Green) in a WD My Book (P/N BFJK0020HBK-04) case, with a WD3003FZEX 3TB HD (Black), should it work?

The reason that I’m asking is the 2TB HD developed 24 bad blocks.
I replaced it with the 3TB HD. The Mac’s System Information sees the new WD hard drive, but Disk Utility doesn’t. There’s simply no way I can get it to mount.

When the hard drive is attached to the Sony laptop, it is seen, but Windows can’t do anything with it. Reports an i/o error.

Tried out the WD Green HD again, and the Mac Disk Utility saw it without any problems. Mounted really fast.

The hard drive in the WD Black is spinning and the light shows steady. After awhile, it’ll start to flash.

I tried to ask for help on the Western Digital website, but ran into problems while trying to post the question.

I've replaced about half a dozen hard drives in external enclosures, and have never had any problems.


via ehMac.ca http://ift.tt/1fqj322

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire