samedi 1 août 2015

Yosemite Gatekeeper is timed! Fallback to Appstore only!

Look what I found today on a remote corner of the internet: Gatekeeper under Yosemite seems to have an auto-fallback of 30 days to "Appstore"-only, starting after the last legit admin call to "Appstore and identified developers" or "Anybody" in System Preferences.
This will probably mean any of us who like to use software directly and legally downloaded from the devs, will have their app blocked from Yosemite until they find out what flag to reset.
As an example, Little Snitch will cease to function, as will no doubt countless other apps. I even wonder, what apps downloaded and migrated from before Appstore times will refuse functionality, simply because of Gatekeeper.
I cannot imagine the amount of service calls we will be having on this forum from all the users having migrated their older apps, not downloaded from the appstore...
This is totally unacceptable to me, as it should be with you, my EhMac companions. I even wonder if this Yosemite built-in "feature" is not infringing upon USA anti-trust laws...
Apparently a security feature, it seems more like a money-making protectionist move from Apple to me.
Who is administrating your computer after all? Apple? Or yourself?
Disable OS X Yosemite 10.10 GateKeeper Rearm


via ehMac.ca http://ift.tt/1fUGq4m

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire