lundi 24 août 2015

network dropping but full wifi bars??

I have a 5k iMac, completely maxed out save for the ram
iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014)
4 GHz Intel Core i7
24 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
AMD Radeon R9 M295X 4096 MB
OS 10.10.5

I am having an issue where the network seems to drop, but I still show a full connection with my wifi. The reason I say my network drops is Mail gets the triangle beside each account meaning it cannot collect any new mail, a program that connects to our digital press drops (can no longer access or monitor jobs printing or waiting to print). The fix, I turn the wifi off, then on again and everything jumps back to normal. This has happened in Mavericks as well as Yosemite.

I get no error logs or anything like that, but it is annoying and costs me time as it makes Adobe Indesign hang for some reason when this happens. Is there something I can check to see what is causing this? Logs somewhere? It is my work machine so I cannot just drop it off at Apple and leave it for a few days. I want to do as much as I can before carrying this beast in. This is my 3rd 5k iMac and I am thinking it was a big mistake to jump to this model when it was so new. What can I do to narrow down this problem or to confirm that there is something wonky with my wireless? The problem I am having does not happen on another 27" iMac we have (first slim model) or a 21" iMac, both running latest updates of OS 10.10


via ehMac.ca http://ift.tt/1JvNWhG

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire