mardi 25 août 2015

How long should it take to repair external drive

I've had problems with my iMac and wanted to make sure my external Time Machine drive is ok. Being nervous about doing anything with it on the iMac, I connected it to my Macbook Air and started to run Verify Drive. The drive has 1.2 T used. Disc Utility said it would take 7 hours. As it ran, the timeline kept increasing the time left. I decided to stop and run Repair instead. Now it tells me it will take 20 hours to check the drive. It's been running for 5 hours so far.

This seems to me that there is something very wrong with the external drive. Am I right? Is it possible that a verify and repair check should take 20 hours? I've never had a verify take more than a few minutes -- maybe 20 at most.

Any experience with this or suggestions of what's wrong would be very welcome.


via ehMac.ca http://ift.tt/1Jxvx3W

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire