mercredi 4 février 2015

Macbook with black screen (faint desktop in background)

Just acquired an early 2007 MB 2ghz Core 2 Duo with 1gig memory that I was told the screen didn't work. Young lady said her brother had had a go at it and that's the diagnostic she was given.



Didn't come with a battery or hard drive.



Plugged in an adaptor and popped in a HD from my other MB (late 2007 2.4 gighz) and voila, turns on and lights up like a charm.



I decide to change the 2gig memory from my other laptop, to see if it would recognize it, (as this MB is in better shape than my other one), and it didn't like it, no boot up.



OK, totally different memory internally, I guess.



Now the screen won't light up. The MB boots up, but only a faint image in the back. Did some research and it's not an uncommon occurrence. Proceeded to do the SMC, Pram resets but nothing doing.



I'm wondering if the fact that the battery had been out of it for some time has anything to do with it functioning ok initially?



My newer MB has intermittent screen problems caused by the insulation being worn out on wires that go over the metal hinge pins from the logic board to the screen. I move the screen till I find a spot where the wires don't short out but this older MB doesn't (appear) to have the same issue. Moving the screen around doesn't make it bright.

Posts on other sites refer to replacing the LCD lamp. At the moment I'm going to put it aside and wait for some opinions that might save me hours of messing around with minute screws and delicate wires.

They're only 2 old Macbooks but I hate not being able to fix both if I can, after seeing the screen light up initially...

(the initial idea was to take wires from the newly acquired MB to put into original one)



Edit: just connected to external monitor and it had a normal desktop first boot up but took for ever to complete, so re-booted, now no more desk top on external monitor either but still faint desktop on MB screen..strange..





via ehMac.ca http://ift.tt/1xjCkE3

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire